WE FOLLOW THE SAME INTERESTS
Be aware if you hear this sentence.
Frequently the very opposite is the reality and can strongly damage every project and turn good intention into the slide to hell.
Let me just name few examples
- RECYCLING in the hands of WASTE INDUSTRY
- CARBON EMISSION TRADING in the hands of ECONOMISTS
- SUSTAINABLE GOALS in the hands of POLITICIANS
- CIRCULAR ECONOMY in the hands of ACADEMICS
It is common that the same words are used, but the very different meaning is being understood and supported.
Take “EUR”. The majority understand this as CURRENCY, some as EUROPE and logisticians as one of the most common types of shipping pallet in Europe, wooden pallet with the size 1200 x 800 x 150 mm one of the feedstocks for the grey economy.
So you see the sentence WE TAKE CARE OF THE EUR, WE FOLLOW THE SAME INTERESTS can lead to disappointment on many sites and high satisfaction on one.
There is a way how to prevent similarly waste of miscommunication to happen. There is one question which helps.
WHAT IS THE CORE BUSINESS
Look at the others so as to at yourself and ask this question for every single member and party involved.
Taking the examples mention above, let us answer the question
- CORE BUSINESS of WASTE INDUSTRY is to MANAGE WASTE, there is no reason to support waste prevention. RECYCLING is just a tool to have commodity ready to sell and have more waste instead of less
- CORE BUSINESS of ECONOMISTS is to find a way to GENERATE MORE MONEY and profit. CARBON EMISSION is a great tool to put a price on virtual commodities nobody can control and everyone will pay, without reducing its volume. It is just shifting the competences
- CORE BUSINESS of POLITICIANS is to DO POLITICS, not to find and implement solutions. The GOALS set for the time when decision-makers will not be responsible for the results of enjoying the safe and secure life of the rich are not the tools of true change, but never-ending discussions and plans someone else should fulfill
- CORE BUSINESS of ACADEMICS is to do research and deliver the theoretical knowledge to others. CIRCULAR ECONOMY (60 years old concept) let tens of thousands meet and speak and being funded without the delivery of the change. The longer the process more the money will flow in.
In the last week, I have the opportunity to hear the sentence used to name this article several times during my negotiation with companies and individuals and it helps me to realize that for most, WE HAVE DIFFERENT INTERESTS
- The producer of drugs does not want to have less addictive in the world, his goal is to sell the same services and products with “SUSTAINABILITY LABEL”
- The developers of GROUNDBREAKING WASTE PROCESSING technologies don´t aim at waste processing, but FUNDING
- The 63 scientists, politicians, journalists, and CEOs that participate in the global sustainability summit don´t aim for sustainability, but the possibility to maintain their roles makes them rich and influential.
Before you become depressed, please understand, that there is no reason for that because they are many who don't use this sentence but simply do. These people and businesses up to the entire nations frequently underestimate their own abilities and results take as granted, same as the fact that they would never be allowed to join the club of the influencers. These people are frequently meaningless jobs and they are being positioned in a servant's roles, serving not only other people but machines as well. These people represent SOCIAL WASTE which I have recognized as one of the four wastes that INDUSTRY 5.0 has to prevent.
The first group you can meet at events related to money and power, the second you will meet on physical and virtual streets, ground floors of factories, and on many other places in which you will not expect to meet people that change the world.
I wish you to find the right ones and avoid the wrong ones and I hope we all meet on the construction site of the wasteless world where everyone will find MEANINGFUL LIFE AND WORK
Have a nice day free of waste and wasting in all its forms and stay safe
Michael Rada, HUMAN